Contents [ on > off ]
Meh.. It's only electricity

4 new entries added after 7/22/08

• 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 3
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 2
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 1
  • 11/14/08 Footprints in the sand
  • All old woodworking projects except the deck fence have been copied (but not removed) from here to Woodwork. Now you'll have two pages to come see for updates on my projects!
    Take a look at the older or newer event
    Take 3 - 4/10/07

As you may recall on few occasions huge hemlock trees have fallen The first happened on 5/25/04, a spot now marked by a fire pit. The second was a two parter. One half came down on 5/27/04 and the second was put off until 11/1/04. Clearing out the hemlocks have made a huge difference in the yard. Interesting, the first tree was entry 2, the second was 3 and the third was 23.

Along the west side of the house there is one remaining hemlock tree. It is about 2 feet from the house, and 15' from a powerline. Not a very safe place to go playing around with chainsaws. I found someone that could take it down that was insured. Sadly this meant it was expensive. But it was quick and stress free. Steve and I brought the tree bits back to the woods that night. With the tree down, I can get myself a nice garden on that side. Lets see if I can pull it off.