Contents [ on > off ]
Or "Fixing that place I live in"

4 new entries added after 7/22/08

• 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 3
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 2
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 1
  • 11/14/08 Footprints in the sand
  • All old woodworking projects except the deck fence have been copied (but not removed) from here to Woodwork. Now you'll have two pages to come see for updates on my projects!
    Take a look at the older or newer event
    Apocalypse WOW! - 5/27/04

Wednesday had some nasty rain, so that was a nature imposed day off. Today was a big day for friends helping out. Rohr was there before I got there and had cut up a lot of the tree from the other day. Dave showed up and started hauling tree parts to the back of the lot. I did some weeding beside the shed for a while. Skillet showed up and helped with the hauling. Jul and Skippy came in too and did some awesome cleanup. Every time I turned around there was less tree even though Rohr kept cutting more.

Then we took a break while rohr finished some cutting. But it was short lived. Rohr was I took out the bottom of a second tree so that it wouldn't have so much dead stuff. Rohr finished that off, and we got to the garden.
    Lindy showed up and quickly got to work in the garden. Skippy mentioned that it would be a great place to burn all the stuff I tore out.. and thus, we decided that we would.

Ok, so we got our pile, and decided that some kerosene would help out. Todd said he had some in the blue can in the shed. So we got that. what we didn't know, was that Dave was pouring on fuel from the OTHER blue can. While it was marked kerosene, it was in fact gasoline.

Needless to say, there was a huge boom and a big ring of fire as I saw my garden explode in flames with us in it (not an exaggeration). The poof died out quickly.. but not before Dave, the lighter of the fire, dove over the fence and rolled in the grass to get the fire off of him. Ahem.. I can not impress enough on how freaked out we all were and how glad we were that Dave escaped with only minor beard, arm hair, and eyebrow removal as well as some bent glasses.

After the sun and our heart rates went down, Dave and Skippy went off to a more controlled BBQ while the rest of us enjoyed a big pile of pizza from Backstreets. I plan to give some serious thought on dedicating the garden to Dave's lost eyebrow hair.