Contents [ on > off ]
Be nice and I might make you something

4 new entries added after 7/22/08

• 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 3
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 2
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 1
  • 11/14/08 Footprints in the sand
  • All old woodworking projects except the deck fence have been copied (but not removed) from here to Woodwork. Now you'll have two pages to come see for updates on my projects!
    Take a look at the older or newer event
    Rohr Shows Off - 5/25/04

Jul came today and helped out lots to get it all cleared out.. I spent most of my time chopping down the little extra bits. Shortly after he got there, it started raining, but we worked on a bit and then stood under a tree. I am way lucky to have people as cool as Jul to work with in the rain, He may like to wear paper towels on his head, but he sure is good at extreme gardening. After a little while, Rohr showed up and I showed him the trees I wanted chopped down.

I didn't realize he was ready to start chopping it down today. But he got out his gear and Jul helped him up into the tree. All I could really do was watch him climb up and think to myself "Ok, if he fell from that high.. could I stop him from breaking his head?" I was very excited when Lindy and Jaime came out to help cleanup/ watch Rohr.

Turns out he did a pretty kickin job. And I have a few pictures to prove it.

Climb

Tree Up

No Top

Almost

Down

Stump

Some folks have asked why these big ol trees are getting the axe.. There is a funky little bugger called the Wooly Adelgid. They are kicking the trees' collective butts. Feel free to read up on them.