Contents [ on > off ]
Or "Fixing that place I live in"

4 new entries added after 7/22/08

• 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 3
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 2
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 1
  • 11/14/08 Footprints in the sand
  • All old woodworking projects except the deck fence have been copied (but not removed) from here to Woodwork. Now you'll have two pages to come see for updates on my projects!
    Take a look at the older or newer event
    Showerman Party of 6... - 6/8/04

Yesterday I went out to Lowe's with the Ogles and dropped some spare change i found laying around on a prefab shower, some lights, and a 2x4 or two. Today Dave took me out to pick up the shower and we went over to the house (after a tasty wing pizza and cheese cake). Jul and Skillet joined us in tearing out some dry wall. That was the easy part.

After that we started pulling up the floor in the bathroom. The screws came up pretty easily, except for the ones right beside the wall. Those needed to be drilled out or cut out. since they were stripping when we tried to unscrew them. Not much fun. Once the floor was up we were able to take a good look at the pipe. Unfortunately there was no good way to use what we had bought to split the drain. We came up with a good plan for the pipe we'd need and called it a night.

So, long night, not a lot of progress. However with all the planning that Jul and Skillet did, will make framing a snap tomorrow. Once we get a chunk of pipe that meets our needs, we'll be on top of the plumbing as well.