Contents [ on > off ]
Making a list, building it twice...

4 new entries added after 7/22/08

• 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 3
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 2
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 1
  • 11/14/08 Footprints in the sand
  • All old woodworking projects except the deck fence have been copied (but not removed) from here to Woodwork. Now you'll have two pages to come see for updates on my projects!
    Take a look at the older or newer event
    .....Two Bits - 6/1/04

I went over to the house today and got in on some much needed clipping. There is a row of forsythia (I think that's how it's spelled) along the side of the driveway. Todd told me that the trick is to cut them way back right after they bloom. I got the clippers and took a wack at them. While I was into the third bush, Bree gave me a call. She had her first day of work today. So I got out the earpiece for my phone and talked to her while I clipped.

After I talked to her I decided to call my sister Ann. I kept trying to call her using the voice activation for my phone.. I kept saying "ready" to activate it. It didn't work even though I said it about 20 times with various inflections. Sometimes it also works when I say "Bree," (and other words with ee in it) though not this time. I felt rather stupid since while I was in the middle of my Bree/Ready/Cheese yelling, a couple walked by staring at me. I pretended not to care and went on to clipping and saying ee words.

Finally I pulled out my phone and called Ann and we talked until I finished and a crazy storm rolled in. Unfortunately, I have no pictures. I will take some tomorrow when I swing by. As you may have noticed, I got a few pictures in. The one above is the hedges, and the one to the right is the brush pile (about 5 ft tall).