Contents [ on > off ]
Rocks, paper, scissors, and a 280lb table saw

4 new entries added after 7/22/08

• 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 3
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 2
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 1
  • 11/14/08 Footprints in the sand
  • All old woodworking projects except the deck fence have been copied (but not removed) from here to Woodwork. Now you'll have two pages to come see for updates on my projects!
    Take a look at the older or newer event
    Made in the Shade - 5/29/04

I slept in really late today. It was pretty sunny out so I decided it would be good to stay inside till it cooled off. Much to my surprise, it was nice and breezy out. So I went over to the house and did some work in the shade of the trees. I started by flattening out the spots where the branches were chopped on Wednesday. After that I moved on to the next tree and cleared out a lot of dead branches. It was fun to go climbing up in the tree.

Jul and Dave came in after a bit and they helped get some of the other branches down. We piled them all up in the garden, and made a more safety conscious fire. Dave was nice enough to contribute Jell-O and water in addition to his usual hard work.

After they headed out, I sat in the shade of one of the newly trimmed trees as I watched the fire sputter around. It took a long time while we cooked up all of the brush and branches that were cut out.

All in all I enjoyed the work today. It was great because after it was all over, there was nothing left to clean up for the next time . at some point I'll get that second tree taken down. For now, I think it looks great, like a whole new backyard!