Contents [ on > off ]
Rocks, paper, scissors, and a 280lb table saw

4 new entries added after 7/22/08

• 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 3
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 2
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 1
  • 11/14/08 Footprints in the sand
  • All old woodworking projects except the deck fence have been copied (but not removed) from here to Woodwork. Now you'll have two pages to come see for updates on my projects!
    Take a look at the older or newer event
    Urea! I've found it! - 4/7/08

As the rain and warm weather returns, so too does my lawn. Hard to believe that just a few years ago it was a pile of dirt and dead grass. With two mowings down already it was time for some fertilizing. This year I decided once again to use the Turf Builder with Crabgrass halts in it. Funny stuff this fertilizer. Now I don't much about what makes a garden grown but I do know that apparently sulfur coated urea is a key component to making crabgrass NOT grow. Could they make anything grosser?

I suppose that manure isn't any more pleasant so I shouldn't be all that surprised. But the sheer fact that this fertilizer is BRIGHT ORANGE just creeps me out. Plus it stains nearly anything it touches. Needless to say, I had my long gloves on and washed both myself and my clothes immediately after I came into the house.