Contents [ on > off ]
Bringing humor to home improvement

4 new entries added after 7/22/08

• 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 3
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 2
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 1
  • 11/14/08 Footprints in the sand
  • All old woodworking projects except the deck fence have been copied (but not removed) from here to Woodwork. Now you'll have two pages to come see for updates on my projects!
    Take a look at the older or newer event
    Slime Time - 5/19,20/07

Mom and Dad came into town this weekend and we went out to Walter's Greenhouse to get a few more plants for around the house. I found two more for by the deck and a several that should work well in the shade for the side of the house. None of them were terribly exciting but I think that I need to settle down a bit on plants and just get some normal things. Mom and I put the plants in the ground. Oh.. I forgot.. While we were at the green house we saw a pot of flowers that had a whole family of birds peeping away. It was pretty funny to see them just hanging out in some daisies.

Sunday afternoon Steve and I went to the garden and found something rather strange. Something had eaten nearly all of my two new plants (note the chewed up leaves in the picture) from around the deck. After talking to the greenhouse owner I found out that it was slugs... Slugs got my flowers. So strange. I guess now we know that this little guy from the strawberries has friends by the deck too. Of course I went out to get some slug killer. I hope that does the trick.

After the I got off the phone, Steve and I dropped the last tree into the ground. A fringe tree that I picked up from a nursery in Christiansburg. I really like it. It has these little flowers on it that smell like honeysuckle and it will hopefully be about the size that I am looking for. Soaker hoses, some mulch.. Almost looks like a real garden! (oh wait it is!!)