Contents [ on > off ]
Or "Fixing that place I live in"

4 new entries added after 7/22/08

• 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 3
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 2
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 1
  • 11/14/08 Footprints in the sand
  • All old woodworking projects except the deck fence have been copied (but not removed) from here to Woodwork. Now you'll have two pages to come see for updates on my projects!
    Take a look at the older or newer event
    Progress Street - 6/12/04

First of all today was my Aunt Esther's centennial birthday. That put me in a good mood to get lots done. We started at 2 or so. Todd had already cut out the hole for the floor. We all worked to get the pipes ready to glue up. Gwen took the lead on gluing most of the drain for the shower. Once that was complete I took over on the sink setup. you will note that the center image is an action photo. There was little movement in gluing. I really need to take more pictures of the other workers. Seems like I am doing all the work here, but I assure you, I am just there for moral support

One thing I didn't realize is that the drain pipes connect not only to your own sewage, but all the sewers in town. Todd did his best to blame the smell on the pvc not being plugged up. I guess it was a reasonable concept. You will note that we have a highly customized expandable plug. This was specifically designed by Todd and Gwen to provide the perfect solution to the monster funk.

Todd (self proclaimed Ginsu master) went through some of the studs to allow for a good place to mount the faucet dial dealie thing. Todd and Jul did a lot of work on the supply lines for the water. They made some really nice work of flexible copper pipe and prepared for the next days work where they plan to make the rest of the connections. Gwen and I went on our own to cut the headers, footers, and studs for framing. We nailed the footers in place and began work on framing the rest of the side walls. All in all, a very productive day.