Contents [ on > off ]
Home Depot loves me

4 new entries added after 7/22/08

• 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 3
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 2
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 1
  • 11/14/08 Footprints in the sand
  • All old woodworking projects except the deck fence have been copied (but not removed) from here to Woodwork. Now you'll have two pages to come see for updates on my projects!
    Take a look at the older or newer event
    * Rosebed.... - 3/21/06

There used to be some nice gardening done right in the back of the house. It was promptly removed to make room for the deck. I decided to redesign some of the plantings and get it looking pretty again.

Using some fun blue paint I marked the spots that the new garden would be placed. This side of the deck is high enough that you can see the rock and supports underneath. It will be nice to block that so the deck looks like it belongs a bit more. The 'garden' on the side of the house is getting compacted down. I am hoping to grow some grass and dig out the ground cover to make something a bit less unruly.
    Jul helped me dig out the garden. I think it would have been easier to do with a tiller, but it was small enough to manage for now. I haven't done very much with it but I mixed in some garden soil, planted some bulbs and planned out some automatic watering options for things around the house. As usual, I didn't finish the flower beds before I moved onto the next project. I feel like I really need to hurry to get other things started before the spring slips into summer.