Contents [ on > off ]
Some assembly required

4 new entries added after 7/22/08

• 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 3
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 2
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 1
  • 11/14/08 Footprints in the sand
  • All old woodworking projects except the deck fence have been copied (but not removed) from here to Woodwork. Now you'll have two pages to come see for updates on my projects!
    Take a look at the older or newer event
    What's cookin - 3/11/06-4/13/06

I've been doing a lot of work on the house lately. I took a hiatus from projects while it was cold out. With the pleasant weather we've been having lately, there is plenty for me to do.
    Here's something to catch you up a bit.

First of all I decided that I would get a firepit. I have so much brush and logs from trees that need to be disposed of in piles out back. I can set them out for the town to pick up. But what's the fun in that? Firepits run quite a pretty penny and have to be stored when you're not using them etc etc. I picked cinder blocks since they are easy to arrange, and inexpensive. Best of all I can return the ones I don't need. Oh and here's a movie of the fire.

So, where did all the fuel come from? Several places actually. First of all we had a large supply left from the multiple prunings of the shrubs and felling of trees. Next we have the additional material that was brought to us thanks to mother nature. There were several huge windstorms that brought down a number of trees. I borrowed Kos's chainsaw and cut up some of the grounded trees. After that I chopped a few other dead ones down (creepy mushrooms too). Look at them go!
    After all that Odessa and I collected some new combustables. Grass and weeds from the garden. For the third or fourth time, the 'garden' was attacked. This time with good intentions. (I'll tell you about that later) That dry grass made for quite a flame. You can see Jul in the background.