Contents [ on > off ]
*see below for details

4 new entries added after 7/22/08

• 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 3
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 2
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 1
  • 11/14/08 Footprints in the sand
  • All old woodworking projects except the deck fence have been copied (but not removed) from here to Woodwork. Now you'll have two pages to come see for updates on my projects!
    Take a look at the older or newer event
    Roses by the stairs - 10/18/05

There are actually a lot of small things around the house that have been over looked. My room was one of the first things that I worked on when I moved in. I got a bit sick of it and moved on. Due to some mechanical issues, the fence project is going to be a bit delayed. I went ahead and took advantage of the break in the action to get back to my room. I started with paint. This is easy, and quite satisfying.

Just for kicks I turned the web cam toward my work so that people could watch. My first target was the chimney. It was white at some point. it was now sort of a gray I guess. That's what happens when black crud runs down and hits white paint.

I started with a brush but then switched to a roller. It got into the mortar much better than. The stair side was tough. The top had the excitement of trying not to fall over the railing. The bottom was worse since the railing was about an inch from the brick.

Here's a shot of my next target as seen through the web cam. That door was pretty nasty. I don't know why I didn't finish it. oh well, it's done now. Pretty isn't it? With that done, the last project was the bathroom door and trim. Some parts may need a second coat. For now it's all set