Contents [ on > off ]
Making a list, building it twice...

4 new entries added after 7/22/08

• 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 3
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 2
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 1
  • 11/14/08 Footprints in the sand
  • All old woodworking projects except the deck fence have been copied (but not removed) from here to Woodwork. Now you'll have two pages to come see for updates on my projects!
    Take a look at the older or newer event
    One in a million - 6/25/05

Chris had a good idea today. I know, I know, it's hard to believe. But at the hottest part of the day, Chris and Taikara helped me screw in the rest of the floor. Roughly 500 screws just for today.

Halfway through we noticed that we weren't doing the best job at keeping the boards tight against the joists. About a half inch in some places. So we pulled about 40 or so back out, stood on the boards, and then put them back in. Oh what a time that was. With our new respect for the wood we tore through the last chunk and was happy to find that we were close enough to the edge with the last board that we didn't need to rip a 12 footer just to make it flush.

As for the good idea... Chris set up his camera to take pictures every minute or so. Be sure to notice the nifty dances we each do as we go along. The result is a time lapse of our build. Be sure to notice the nifty dances we each do as we go along. Check it out in either small format or large

Here's the movie I made of just the general progress.