Contents [ on > off ]
Home Depot loves me

4 new entries added after 7/22/08

• 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 3
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 2
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 1
  • 11/14/08 Footprints in the sand
  • All old woodworking projects except the deck fence have been copied (but not removed) from here to Woodwork. Now you'll have two pages to come see for updates on my projects!
    Take a look at the older or newer event
    Lovin on the side - 5/6-9/08

The space along the shed and up to the blueberries had been unloved for quite some time. With the help of Steve and Jul I was able to make a huge change to the side of the yard. After Steve tore out the grass, Jul set up the rocks (we have them just hanging out here and there) so that they framed the odd sidewalks.

Jul did this first section I wasn't quite sure what I wanted for the rest. The more I looked at it the more I liked it. I set up the rocks for the next two sections and filled them all with garden soil and mulch. The next step was to find some nice flowers to drop in. Steve and I went out to a nursery and picked out a few things. For the triangle sections I planted begonias and something called a monkey flower. The long bed had a few perennials that will end up being white in the front and red in the back.
    For the run of blueberries I used some bags of sawdust for mulch and got some white bushy plants for between the pairs of plants. I haven't put those in the ground yet but soon it will all be set!