Contents [ on > off ]
Meh.. It's only electricity

4 new entries added after 7/22/08

• 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 3
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 2
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 1
  • 11/14/08 Footprints in the sand
  • All old woodworking projects except the deck fence have been copied (but not removed) from here to Woodwork. Now you'll have two pages to come see for updates on my projects!
    Take a look at the older or newer event
    Creepy Crawlers - 12/2/07

Getting ready to put the insulation in the crawlspace took a bit of planning. I put on my usual crawling gear. It's a mess under there lots of dirt and such. I added gloves to the mix so that I would be able to handle the insulation with out getting itchy. The picture is on the right is the 'dead body' that resides in the crawlspace. It's just dirt of course, but still creepy.

General plan was to get some insulation around the borders of the crawlspace against the joists. Hopefully it will help with the heating downstairs by protecting the pipes. As you can see some of them are just wrapped in old insulation. The other pipes shown are just drain pipes that made it hard to crawl around down there.

It went pretty easily. Mom had me time how long it took me to do the work. See I said it would take about an hour or so. But my estimates are often... inaccurate. Cutting, fitting and shuffling around the whole crawlspace took 1hr 20 min. Best of all I did the entire crawlspace instead of just the part around the pipes. I figured it would be better to just do it all at once.