Contents [ on > off ]
Be nice and I might make you something

4 new entries added after 7/22/08

• 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 3
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 2
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 1
  • 11/14/08 Footprints in the sand
  • All old woodworking projects except the deck fence have been copied (but not removed) from here to Woodwork. Now you'll have two pages to come see for updates on my projects!
    Take a look at the older or newer event
    Relocation - 9/1/07

This year I decided to do a few things to cut back on my fall spending. The first was that I wasn't going to buy season tickets for football. The second was that I was going to rent out my house for game weekends. At first I was assuming that it would be just me in the house for the fall but as it turned out Steve and Jul are both going to be able to stay! (woo).

I tossed out an email to see if anyone was interested and found a few folks. Renting out the whole house wasn't an option so I came up with a contract that would allow the use of the upstairs and share anything downstairs. Kitchen, laundry, parking, etc. Two people went in on renting for the season and I think it will work out quite well. I made sure that the room (complete with new bed) was all set up and cleaner than it has ever been.
    Liza had to make the adjustment of having her litter box downstairs. Likewise I set up my old bed into the basement and slept there. It was actually quite nice once I got used to two things. The dehumidifier was a bit annoying but tolerable. The other thing was that the only light downstairs was on a switch.  That switch was at the top of the stairs.  So I resolved that issue by bringing a flashlight down with me.  Silly I guess.  But it did the trick.  I spent part of the night wishing I had a tv and pondering the merits of finishing the basement.  But that’s something I can figure out later.  For now I am saving some money and picking up football tickets as I go.