6 T sugar (3oz)
10 oz chocolate chips (or other kind of chips)
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
3/4 stick unsalted butter
Tools: Double Boiler
Quick read thermometer
Stand mixer with wisk attachment
or electric hand mixer
Part 1) eggs and sugar
1) Mix the eggs and sugar by hand with a wisk
2) Using a double boiler or a bowl sitting over (not touching) boiling water, WHILE STIRRING CONSTANTLY heat the mixture. Remove from heat and use a quick read thermometer. When it reaches 160 degrees move to the next step. This will likely take about 8 minutes or so
--you can start step 4 now if you like--
3) Beat for 3 minutes on high in the stand mixer.
Part 2) chocolate
4) Melt the chocolate chips, cream and butter in the double boiler and mix it up until it's smooth and remove from heat.
5) Blend chocolate mixture and eggs together completely.
Part 3) fill the pie
6) Pour onto pie crust. Best way to do this is to pour some in the middle and then use the back of a large spoon to swirl around from the center going out.
7) Place in the refrigerator.