Contents [ on > off ]
I am a dessert enabler

4 new entries added after 12/10/2008

• 1/26/2010 Sally (S'mores Pie)
  • 12/21/2009 PlayDough Cookies
  • 12/11/2009 Cookie balls
  • 12/3/2009 Fast cobbler
  • It's time for a better chow site on the site. Most of my other projects have degenerated to chores. But cooking on the other hand is taking off.
    Take a look at a previous or the next recipe

840 Sauce (Spicy Barbeque Garlic Wing Sauce) by Sox

Oh good grief, I eat a lot of wings. In fact the other day I was out with some friends and I proposed the question, how many wings have I eaten in my life. Going off of previous weeks numbers we decided I eat an average of 30 a week. This is rather tough to establish since some weeks I eat nearly 50 in one sitting, and other times I eat wings several times a week. I hadn't really started the whole mass wing consumption thing until relatively recently. So the total number? Somewhere between 6 and 7 thousand. I am pretty sure I will need a heart transplant at some point in the near future.

|Print this recipe|
    840 Sauce (Spicy Barbeque Garlic Wing Sauce)
    Serves: 8   Time: 5 minutes

Ingredients:
    4 T fresh garlic, crushed
    4 T Paprika
    1/2 T salt
    4 T Chili powder (can be reduced by half)
    4 T Cayenne pepper (can be reduced by half)
    4 T Tomato puree'
    4 T olive oil
    4 T honey
    4 T Vinegar
    --save till last--
    -coating- black pepper
    -coating- Crushed red pepper
    -Flour
    Cooked Chicken Wings (as much as you can eat)

Tools: Large bowl

Directions: In a large mixing bowl, mix all the dry measured ingredients and the garlic. Mix in the the tomato puree, olive oil, honey, and vinegar (in that order). Once completely mixed scrape all the sauce down off the sides of the bowl into a 'pile of sauce'
    Cover the top of the sauce with a sparse coating of black pepper. Mix in the pepper. Do the same with the red pepper. Use the red pepper to reach the desired level of heat you want. I bottled mine in a squeeze ketchup bottle. Flower or corn starch (1-3T) can be added to thicken.
    add a 4 T (approx) to a large bowl add 6-10 wings (fried in peanut oil for 10 minutes on high in a big pot), stir to coat.