Contents [ on > off ]
Some assembly required

4 new entries added after 7/22/08

• 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 3
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 2
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 1
  • 11/14/08 Footprints in the sand
  • All old woodworking projects except the deck fence have been copied (but not removed) from here to Woodwork. Now you'll have two pages to come see for updates on my projects!
    Take a look at the older or newer event
    Disco Inferno - 3/12/07

One day after my huge burning of yard trash, onion grass, weeds, dead branches and scrap wood I got an email from the town email list.

This is a message from Blacksburg Alert, a public notification service of the Town of Blacksburg. Montgomery County Announces Open Air Burn Ban
    Due to the recent dry conditions and sustained winds in our area open air burning presents extremely dangerous conditions and places people and property in harms way.
    All County residents are instructed to immediately discontinue any planned or scheduled open air burning. This includes: gardens, brush piles, and other residential or industrial burn areas.
    Residents are asked to comply with this ban or they will be subject to legal action.
    While open air burning has been allowed after 4 PM for the past couple of weeks this burn ban supersedes it.
    We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Hee hee I win!