Contents [ on > off ]
Just something to do between milkshakes

4 new entries added after 7/22/08

• 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 3
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 2
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 1
  • 11/14/08 Footprints in the sand
  • All old woodworking projects except the deck fence have been copied (but not removed) from here to Woodwork. Now you'll have two pages to come see for updates on my projects!
    Take a look at the older or newer event
    Put a lid on it - 7/8/06

For a while now I have been waiting to get my roof redone. I found a place that was recommended for doing good work. They had a much better price than I had received from others. With all the rain they had a hard time getting to it.

I came home yesterday and they had already removed the roof from the shed. Today the whole team showed up around 7:45 to get to the big job. The old roof was removed, tossed into a truck and hauled away.

I helped out with a few things and removed the awnings from the front so that they would be safe. After a few hours, I somehow mananged to fall back asleep despite all the hammering, sawing and assorted other roofing noises. I woke up around noon and saw that the back was done.

So for today, that's it. They left without saying anything. As far as I know they will be back to finish the shed and the gutters another day. As long as we don't get flooded on again, I'm in no hurry.
    oh.. and just as a point of reference... Here is what the old roof looked like.