Contents [ on > off ]
Meh.. It's only electricity

4 new entries added after 7/22/08

• 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 3
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 2
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 1
  • 11/14/08 Footprints in the sand
  • All old woodworking projects except the deck fence have been copied (but not removed) from here to Woodwork. Now you'll have two pages to come see for updates on my projects!
    Take a look at the older or newer event
    Hit the dek! - 6/21/05

Since we are having people over for the 4th of July, we needed a table. So I was going to make one. But I don't have a good place to put one. The lawn is still growing see?

So I figure hey, a deck is a good place for a picnic table. So I went to the store and found some plans and such.. and away we go!

First I bought a bunch of deck (dek) blocks and some 2x6's. Most of this is not very exciting so I am just going to highlight the main steps. Hmm what are the interesting parts... Oh! the deck will be 12'x20'. That's pretty interesting. It is made up of 11 2"x6"x10', 44 2"x6"x12', 2 2"x10"x12', 2 2"x10"x12', 10lbs of deck screws, 16 tie plates, 96 truss screws, 1 4"x4"x8', and 30 Dek Blocks
    Once I played around with the first few blocks, Jul and I went out and got the rest. We laid them out so that we could get an idea of the shape of things. Next was the lumber. Eric was nice enough to use his truck to get it from Lowe's to the house. Chris chipped in to unload it all.

Jul and I did some serious work yesterday and today. Leveled and squared up corners. Below is a movie that will change as I add in more pictures each post. The movie will change on all the pages.