Contents [ on > off ]
Bringing humor to home improvement

4 new entries added after 7/22/08

• 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 3
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 2
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 1
  • 11/14/08 Footprints in the sand
  • All old woodworking projects except the deck fence have been copied (but not removed) from here to Woodwork. Now you'll have two pages to come see for updates on my projects!
    Take a look at the older or newer event
    Veni Vedi Vici - 2/21/05

When I moved in, there were lots of things that I didn't need to worry about buying. There were lots of things I didn't need to worry about fixing. It was nice because I could focus on the things I needed to fix and buy.. etc etc... (oh and unpacking)

Once I finished with the must haves, one thing that I wanted to buy, was new curtains and stuff. I really wasn't into the whole mini blind thing. To fix things up a bit, I decided to get back to my roots and get some Roman blinds. Ok, I think that last sentence was supposed to be funny, but I really don't know why.

Lindy pointed me in the way of Target. I had looked there several times before with no luck. But she had been there recently and apparently they had some new stock. You may have already seen the shades from up stairs. All the windows were dressed up all nice and pretty in white.
    Downstairs I picked up some that are a kind of a beige-ish rough looking fabric. Almost like a triscuit, a big floppy triscuit. I like them a lot. The living room and the bathroom got decked out in triscuit loveliness. It's been quite a while since I lived in a place that wasn't covered in miniblinds. Well, the window parts at least