Contents [ on > off ]
Rocks, paper, scissors, and a 280lb table saw

4 new entries added after 7/22/08

• 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 3
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 2
  • 11/23/08-12/3/08 Quicksand 1
  • 11/14/08 Footprints in the sand
  • All old woodworking projects except the deck fence have been copied (but not removed) from here to Woodwork. Now you'll have two pages to come see for updates on my projects!
    Take a look at the older or newer event
    Lincoln abound - 6/14/08

For the first time in quite a while I paid to have work done on the house. The first time was the roof, this time the plumbing. As you may recall I had grand plans for what I wanted to have done to the water and heat pipes in the house. The water heater was patched in after the fact and really didn't go in properly. Most of the issues were related to the sizes of the pipes used, the number of unnecesary turns and the lengths of extra piping. I hired two guys to do the work and they agreed to let me help out. I didn't do a whole lot of work myself but I did learn quite a bit and I feel like I am confident enough now to do some of the work on my own if I need to in the future.

Just as a ball park number, over 200 ft of pipe was removed and replaced with roughly 100. With copper being as expensive as it is these days I was able to cash in when I took the old pipe to the scrap yard. Of course the copper that I purchased was inflated as well. All in all it took about 15 hours of work for the three of us and several trips to Lowe's for spare fittings.
    In addition to fixing up what was there, we put in a sink and a sump pump. Now I don't have to clean out paint brushes in the kitchen sink. The boiler got a good overhaul as well. Shiny repiped lovelyness abound. Below is a quick drawing of the old and new setups.