Sally (S'mores Pie) by 3 pieces from 3 pies
Serves:makes 2 large pies or lots of little ones (maybe 8)
Time: 1 1/2 hours
3 3/4 C. graham cracker crumbs (1 box of graham crackers)
3/4 C. brown sugar
3/4 C. melted butter
1 1/2 silk filling using Hershey's bars instead of chips
3 cups miniature marshmallows
1 1/2 tablespoon milk
3 egg whites
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
Foil Pie Pans
+ Items for filling
1) Mix crumbs, brown sugar and butter until well-blended.
2) Press mixture into a 9-inch pan. Set aside the extra.
3) Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. and place on a rack to cool.
1) Prepare the silk filling using Hershey's bars instead of chips
2) Pour into crust.
3) Sprinkle extra crumbs onto the filling.
1) Place the marshmallows and milk in a pan; cook over low heat, folding mixture gently until marshmallows are half melted.
2) Remove pan from the heat. Continue folding until marshmallows melt completely, and the mixture becomes smooth and fluffy.
3) Place the egg whites in a separate mixing bowl, and beat until soft peaks form.
4) Gradually add 1/4 cup white sugar, and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
5) Beat in vanilla and salt.
6) Gently fold the egg whites into the marshmallow mixture.
7) Spread over the top of the pie.
8) Set the oven to broil.
9) Put the pie to the oven and cook until the meringue is toasted, 5-10 minutes.
Keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn!!!
a recipe from soxite.com