4 new entries added after 12/10/2008
PlayDough Cookies by Family
As long as I can remember these cookies have been made in my family and I've seen them no where else. It's a simple recipe and fun for anyone with half an imagination. You start out with sugar cookie dough, color it, and make things just like you would with Play Dough. Some of the old standards are holly and berries, wreaths, trees, santa hats, and candy canes. Of course there's always fun stuff that can come out too like dinosaurs, ponies, pea pods and fish. If you start getting bored, easy items to use up the dough are candy canes, and christmas tree balls of all sorts of colors.
It helps to have several other kinds of cookies available to munch on while you're making these.
||Print this recipe||
1 c butter
1 c sugar
3 c flour
1) Cream the butter and sugar
2) mix in the flour a little at a time
3) Separate the dough into balls 3 big ones, and 2 smaller ones
4) Set one larger ball aside. Color each remaining ball by kneading a few drops of food coloring in by hand.
green, red - big
blue, yellow, - small
5) Place the dough in small bowls. Cover and refrigerate for about an hour.
6) Set out waxed paper and shape the dough into cookies, using pieces of whatever color you want. Keep the cookies between 1/4 and 1/2 inch thick
7) When each cookie is done place it on a pan. Once you fill up the pan bake for 7-10 minutes at 375