4 new entries added after 12/10/2008
Fast cobbler by Some creepy guy at a chili cookoff
While at a chili cookoff there were some guys in some weird mountain man getup that were making something that seemed like spoonbread to me. Oddly they said it was peach cobbler. A friend that was there with me got the recipe and it seems very easy. I looked online for a few that were similar and found one that I decided I liked best. When I made mine I put it in pot pie pans and it was wonderful. I am interested to see how well it reheats.
Update: It is great reheated.
||Print this recipe||
1/2 cup butter - room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 cup self rising flour
1 cup milk
1 can fruit (I used blueberry)
6 pot pie pans (little foil jobbies)
Stand mixer with with beater and wisk attachment
or electric hand mixer
Preheat the oven to 350.
1) Cream the butter and sugar (if using a mixer use the beater blade).
2) Mix in the flour and milk using a wisk (hand wisk, or wisk attachment for the mixer).
3) Pour the batter evenly into 6 pie tins.
4) Spoon all of the fruit in equal amounts onto the batter. Place it in the center of each.
5) Spoon about 1/2 of the juice from the can onto the batter. Place it around the edges of the fruit so it coats the batter. Should be just one or two spoonfuls on each.
6) Place the pie tins on a cookie sheet and bake for 45 minutes
You can eat them in the tins or run a knife along the edges and dump it into a bowl. I had mine with ice cream.